Restart

 Restart.

It's not what I want to do, restart a blog. But when I have gone for months without posting anything, then a restart is the only course of action. I let out a big sigh. How am I going to do this? I've researched how I'm supposed to post on my blog. Yeah, find my target audience, then research what appeals to them, then write all my posts to appeal to them. Uhh, no. Doesn't work for me. It feels forced to write that way. Like I'm trying to sell something. (I've been down that road and I'm no longer attempting to sell anything, anywhere.] Besides, who is my target audience? What factors am I supposed to consider? Age? Employment? Ethnicity? Religion? Personality? World view? Interests? What? 

One thing I know for certain, I know what I like, what I don't like. I know what I enjoy doing, reading, eating, studying, listening to. What pertains to my life, those things I can write about. Struggles? Yes, of course. Personal beliefs? Without doubt I can write about them. Living in a rural location with its many tasks indoors and out. The daily drudgeries, the things that keep me occupied, are all things I can expound on. What I have firsthand knowledge of, are the subjects that I can talk about. My experiences, my hobbies, my daily routine, my food, my habits, my friendships, my family. (With the latter two, maintaining and protecting their privacy is paramount.) 

So am I ready to begin, to restart? I'm pressing onward. Just so you know, for any person who happens to stumble across this blog, it will almost certainly meander all over the place. I could talk about things I am sewing from quilt blocks, to clothing to bags. I may post recipes, but don't look for photos. I don't take many, and I don't make food to look like it came from a cookbook shoot. I will write about things on my mind, when the need to brain dump hits or some news story stirs up some thoughts. I'll have posts related to my personal Bible study and my relationship with Jesus. There will be days when aches and pains my take over what I write. After all, I'm honest enough to admit I am part of the baby boomer generation. Yes, I remember living through the 60's and 70's. I can write about that as well. These are all things that are a part of my life.

So, let this be the restart of walking down the best path. One step at a time I go.

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash



Comments

Popular Posts